Your first appointment at 157 Dental Group
Once you've decided you'd like to become a regular patient at 157 Dental Group, our friendly team is ready to welcome you to our practice, and will begin the journey of maintaining your dental health or improving your smile. This starts with an initial new patient consultation appointment, during which time you get to know us, and we get to know you and your mouth. Here's what it involves:
- When you arrive at 157 Dental Group, our reception team will welcome you to the practice and confirm your details. We will ask you to complete a new patient registration form and medical history questionnaire so the dentist is fully aware of any pre-existing conditions, which might affect possible assessments and treatments.
- You will then have an appointment with your dentist, who will carry out a new patient examination of your teeth, gums, jaws, lining of your mouth including screening your mouth for oral cancer and tooth wear. They will also take x-rays where necessary.
- In normal circumstances, once the exam is carried out, the dentist will there and then discuss the results with you, and ask you if you have any concerns. They will then talk you through treatment options available to you, what the treatment involves and suggest ways you could keep your mouth healthy in the future. They are also happy to answer any questions you might have.
- You are then provided with a detailed written and costed treatment plan, and appointments booked to times to suit you, including a follow-up appointment once treatment is complete.
- No treatment is usually offered on your first appointment unless, you need emergency care.